The Human Expedition was a league of Alliance military and civilian groups that fled to Kalimdor during the Plague of Undeath. They were led by Lady Jaina Proudmoore and her allies, who was determined to find a safe haven for her people after Lordaeron was attacked, they being the only humans who listened to the Prophet Medivh and fled. While called the "Human Expedition", the military forces had dwarves and high elves as well as humans, and it is possible members of the Alliance races were also amongst the other human civilians that traveled with them. The Human Expedition was composed of several groups, including:
- The "Human Expediton" — Besides the complete organization, the term Human Expediton is used to refer a faction within the group.
- The Lordaeron Corps — Lordaeron's elite soldiers guarding the expedition.
- The Lordaeron Brigade — A brigade of humans from Lordaeron.
- The Gilneas Brigade — A brigade of humans from Gilneas sent by Darius Crowley.
- The Kul Tiras Elite Corps — A force of humans troops from Kul Tiras likely the Lady's personal Guard.
- The Order of the Silver Hand — A force led by Uther the Lightbringer. They were likely the Lady's second personal Guard.
- The Kirin Tor — A group of archmages led by Khadgar after Antonidas' death.
- The Silvermoon Corps — Silvermoon's elite soldiers led by Alleria and Sylvanas Windrunner and Kael'thas Sunstrider.
- The Stromgarde Brigade — A brigade of human troops from Stromgarde.
- The Kul Tiras Navy — A force led by Grand Admiral Daelin Proudmoore.
- The Mages' Guild — A group of mages led by Khadgar.
- The Sorcerer's League — A group of sorcerers led by Khadgar.
- The Stormwind Brigade — A brigade of soldiers led by Dark Knight Garithos.
Following the Battle of Mount Hyjal, the majority of the members of these parties settled on Theramore Isle in Dustwallow Marsh under the wise leadership of Jaina Proudmoore. These forces would soon become part of the Theramore army. It is likely that many of the Expedition would later form part of the 7th Legion.